Sunday, December 14, 2008

RE: Reflection and Renewal

So, some of my dear friends may remember two former blogs of mine which have recently completely disappeared from the blogosphere. It was an impulsive thing to do, but I'm glad I did it.

Between being newly married to a wonderful man; feeling the urge to become a better me, in ways superficial, spiritual, physical and professional; and being faced with opportunities and challenges to let go of past hurt and weakness and embrace the goodness of the present, I felt my former musings did not present the truth of my current self. I also felt they held the past in too public of a light, and while there is a time and a place for a fuller disclosure, perhaps those people I care most about do not appreciate not having a say in what is disclosed in my relations with them.

All that being said, I thought I could live without blogging. And then I turned to INCESSANTLY facebooking, which really provides more of an opportunity to tell the world about "me, me, me" in short, meaningless bursts, and less of an opportunity to learn about my experience and share those learnings with others. I partly hope this helps me wean myself from facebooking at least a little bit, and I partly hope that this serves to help me know myself in a more honest way and to document a young grown-up's life at the end of the beginning.

I'm not sure where this blog is going to go. I'm not sure if it will be regularly updated or meaningful in any way. I'm just giving it a shot.

No comments: