Monday, February 16, 2009

RE: Ten Other Ways to Spend My Time

First order of business - sorry to the 2 people who read this for being MIA. Blogger and Facebook were one of like a trillion websites that were blocked at my office a couple of weeks ago. So, now I'm relegated to blogging and facebooking via iPhone during work hours (I am that addicted) or during my free time.

Speaking of free time...Time to write down some things I want to do. Maybe putting this out there will motivate me to start carving some of my free time spent socializing and watching wayyyy too much tv and dedicate just a smidgen of time to loftier pursuits.

These are in no particular order:

1. Learn Spanish

2. Take a writing class

3. Go to Europe (british isles first, then france, then italy)

4. Feel like I look sexy in a bikini

5. Make exercise a part of my weekly routine (and like it)

6. Dress better for work (and life)

7. Explore my neighborhood and find a couple of favorite spots for drinking a coffee and reading a book...maybe even make a new friend or two along the way that I didn't go to college with or work with

8. Make a better effort to visit friends and family outside of NYC

9. Start spending money more wisely so I can do 2, 3, 6, and 8

10. Start volunteering again

2 comments:

Ashley, Brooklyn Girl said...

I would like to do ALL of those, too! Let's motivate each other.

Mary said...

Yes, lets! I love that we are friends.